Scripts For Schools Blog
Read our Scripts for Schools blog and hear what our expert writers have to say about Readers Theater Scripts, Choral Reading (Choral Speaking Scripts), Play Scripts, and Puppet Play Scripts.
Whether you're a teacher or community group leader, we can help you with your presentation . Come back often for more helpful script and play tips.
Benefits of Using Scripts to Teach About BullyingMay 31st, 2015
One of the problems that have come to light in our society in the last few decades is bullying. Schools, parents, and organizations are recognizing that bullying is a real problem that needs real-life approaches to solving this dilemma.
There are a number of ways that teachers and parents can talk about bullying. There's internet research, discussions on how to report bullying, and artistic works such as collages or creative writing that can be anything students want it to be. One of the most effective means to stopping bullying is through the use of scripts.
Role playing is particularly effective with young students. That's because children are often taught best through visual means. It's when they can see and hear something taking place right in front of them, as opposed to being seen on TV or a video, that things really start to hit home.
A few ways to use scripts to teach about bullying include:
• The development of specific language that someone being bullied can use in specific situations. Knowing what to say and how to act in a variety of bullying scenarios can help kids to face horrible situations and get through them with their self-esteem intact.
• Reverse role-playing. This is where the roles of who is the bully and who gets bullied is reversed. Nothing gets the points across like walking in someone else's shoes, so to speak. By playing different roles, children get to understand how others are feeling.
Involving children in role-playing is asking a lot of them, but they take their assigned roles seriously.
Benefits to using scripts to teach about bullying include:
• Improved communication skills
• Ability to think for yourself
• Speaking your own opinion
• Creativity is sparked
• Awareness of others and being able to empathize with them.